Monday 25 November 2013

A quick wee swap

Last week the lovely Krista from Poppy Print put out a call on Instagram for a couple of people in the UK to help out with a needle case swap between the London Modern Quilt Guild and the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild and I jumped at the chance! I love swaps and it's been ages since I did one :)


A quick turnaround was needed so I decided to go with EPP which I could do on the move. Some tiny little half inch hexies were born in the car whilst my son warmed up for his football match on Saturday morning.


On Saturday afternoon they came to work with me and turned into a little hexie panel.


On Sunday they were hand quilted


And today they became a little needle book


Now they've started their big journey to Canada and I can get excited about a cute little needle book coming to me :)

Happy Monday!
Fiona x

20 comments:

  1. It is like a wee heirloom already. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely. I made one using half inch hexies a few years ago but this is much much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely beautiful. Who ever gets this cutie is one lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful; maybe I'll be able to head it off at the airport!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those hexies are so small and so cute! Lovely little project. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous needle case!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these hexies are just too cute! I'm sure your partner will be delighted with her lovely needlecase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I could take quilting to work with me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous needle book, someone will be very happy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Can't beat mini hexes. Look forward to seeing what you get in return :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable, so totally perfectly adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous, I saw a photo on Flickr and was just drooling! This ticks all my boxes Fiona, wish I has had time to join in too :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.