Saturday 15 June 2013

Still here...


So it seems its been 3 weeks since I last posted. I'm still here, but life is a bit busy at the moment.


I carved out some time for myself and finished my clamshell cushion. I loved making it! I used most of a charm pack of Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille for Moda and a couple of scrap It's all hand stitched and hand quilted and it was the perfect relaxing summery project to get me in the mood for some nice weather :)

I've also discovered a rather brilliant way to walk Murphy when he's fancying a long walk but I'm short on time. My Bike and the canal!


We get to see all sorts of beautiful wildlife as we go too. Tonight I saw the sweetest little cygnet with its Mum and Dad, and a little duckling family.


It turns out Murphy is a bit of a boy-racer and likes to be in front. We managed 5 miles in 30 minutes! With Murphy setting the pace :)

Have a good weekend!
Fiona x







18 comments:

  1. Stitching and getting fit - excellent. I love the cushion x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahah yes, but when you do post it is always droolworthy stuff. Lovely cushion cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cushion!! Murphy looks so handsome - does he ever try to jump in the canal and catch the swans and ducks?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're hanging in there! Love the cushion. Dog walking with a bike is a great solution. i used to do it with our german shepherd but Kipper, our last dog, was too manic and it didn't work. We picked up a pup on Wednesday and when I get the chance will be blogging about her! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your pillows are so beautiful and look wonderful together with Murphy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cushion is really beautiful and the handquilting is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every ESS that has owned me has been a water baby, I could never go near water without having them on leads. Your cushions are lovely, I am a big fan of Bonnie & Camille fabric collections, though not so keen on Happy Go Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cushion, and the exercise looks fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go girl! That was some bike ride! And your clamshells are so pretty in marmalade. Hope you aren't slowly disappearing under a pile of coursework! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cushion! Love the clamshells Fiona. Murphy looks like he wants to go for a swim ....?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that cushion Fiona, it is lovely. Murphy has turned into one handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything in this post makes me so happy :) Happy Murphy, happy cushion, happy Fiona. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your clamshells (and the other cushions in your photo). It sounds like Murphy is keeping you fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love you clamshells! They make a gorgeous cushion. I have to try you tutorial and make some. You make it look so easy,
    Murphy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my god that cushion is so gorgeous! I am desperate to make one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.